Monday 26 November 2012

Linn Osbourne


MATERIALS I have used:
PHOTOGRAPHS from the internet, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP application, LAYERS, the CROP TOOL, HUE / SATURATION option

TECHNIQUES I have used: producing a PHOTOCOLLAGE T-SHIRT (INSPIRED BY LIN OSBOURNE'S)

EQUIPMENT I have used: I MAC COMPUTER, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP

 Lin Osbourne's work is very creative and imaginative as well as capturing to viewers. Linn Osbourne use lots of photographs that is then scaled into mini ones to create a collage.These pictures consist of an everyday occurrence which shows images of the natural.For example: household objects,containers, with this she highlights the importance of branding carrier bags.From this it introduces a commercial and social history.These images are then repeated to create a series making the collage.
What is her inspiration? Lin Osbourne's paintings are inspired by the works of Barbara Rae in the sense that she uses acrylic paint and collage development.Through this her photographs has renewed a feeling of uniqueness but retains the original image. The structure of this art piece is landscape, putting each shape against each other contrasting images that she likes together.Instantly it creates texture and turn people attention causing the view to be abstract.

My inspired piece:

This is my final piece that was influenced by her work.In this design I have chosen a black t-shirt as a base template to place my collage onto. my collage consists of my brighton pictures which I took on from different view points in Brighton These images are my primary except from the two images which were taken from another source.

I used the Photoshop application to create this design through a range of steps;here I have used 16 images to fill the template they are all scaled using the a grid contributing the rule of thirds located in the tools provided  e.g scale snap to grid etc.I have also added my own logo to finalise third design to state that this is "my companies" product.The reason why I have Put my logo at the bottom of the template is because when the viewers are scrolling through the photos on the t-shirt they will try to zoom in at my logo which is colourful and has a drastic change to the other images.

On the other hand I love they way my design has shown a range of snapshots that are primary not just taken from the internet this shows real independence and skill. All images where based on Brighton but contributing the surf nature.Although there are aspects of my design that I dislike; for example I wanted to select more blue and yellow images to refer to the surf culture . By using the complementary colours of blue and yellow illustrates the water an sand on the sea shore.Also with the major help of the colour collage which varies in the entire collage to present a perfect design as a whole influenced by Lin Osbourne.

So to improve my design I would have to Improve my t-shirt template because it seems quite blurry but still I can see merely the outcome of the design.Also if I had a better selection of primary images it would enhance the feel of the design

No comments:

Post a Comment