Monday 26 November 2012

Oscar Wilson t-shirt design


Oscar Wilson is a British artist who's works is mostly colourful and bright with the base of typography. Every piece of art she creates use has different subject use each time e.g travel; so she might focus on doing typography on a bus or a city. As shown below:

London bus (red,grey,white and black tints)

                                           London Bridge (dark colours grey,green faded brown etc)

Like above all of his work is precisely made with an idea or message that is shown or written on his work. Which might describe the object or the place where it is situated to reflect on his or the publics opinion of it. On the over hand she has a sustainable design for all of his work that is very unique and eye capturing with words inside of a shape of different things but yet still visible with the black background marking where the shape starts and ends it very clever.Also he might not use black, so white would be the alternative colour if wanting a colourful piece.
Outline of a person head

Architectural building outlook
For example:

From this I have captured certain aspects of his work to incorporate into mines in this case the subject matter is surfing.The typography I used in my own work is referring to surfing words e.g dude,awesome etc. these words were all fitted into a palm tree shape.Using a full spectrum co-ordination to be capturing and new for surfers to wear on the t-shirt.

I used this t-shirt as a template to base my design onto. This will give me an initial idea of what it would look like if it were to be manufactured.To create this design I used Photoshop using the move tool icon to move my design onto the t-shirt template. This was my design that was edited in Photoshop and then was transferred to Adobe Illustrator to be filled with colour. My design was made using an image from the internet drawn with pencil then traced with a black fine liner onto tracing paper to be transferred via machine.
This was my original design when it was first produced using fine liner the to be put on the computer to edited.from this I used the Adobe Illustrator to better the design instead of leaving it plain black and white. The was moved tondo my t-shirt template in the Photoshop application.


This was my finished product:








To improve my product I would of created more design or colour co-ordinations to help me on what to choose on my final product.With strong reffereal to the surfing culture.On the otherhand My design is reflecting an aspect of the surfing culture by the use of a a surfing image.also to assist this I have included surfing related words inside of the in body of the palm tree frame.Perhaps to make this design even more creative I could of considered another design to complement this one instead of the design to be alone. For example:added a background colour perhaps using a coloured t-shirt to enhance my design so it looks more wearable with my targeted audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment