Monday 26 November 2012

Oscar Wilson and Si Scott comparison


Here I have produced and Oscar Wilson and Si Scott influenced t-shirt design. The both generate skill of creativeness and skill, this has been shown through the use of different experimenting of materials and processes to give each outcome. They both have been illustrated with the Photoshop application which has made an addition to my design with colour and style with sophistication.

Si Scott outcomes:
Oscar Wilson outcomes:

Oscar Wilsons type of art is more of an calligram look. He puts a collection of words together that are quotations or something that is just relevant to the subject matter using the outline shape of the piece. E.g London Bridge (the quotation would involve all things to do with London; Palace,London Eye etc)With each design there is a background of a black outline or colouring with the space inside of each letter to extend each letter.Also each piece of art works seems to using the same type of bright colour co-ordination, to make his works go to the extreme.All of these things I  have tried to incorporate into my design. E.g black outline, calligram look etc in the form of a palm tree relevant to the surfing culture.

However I have made my own addition of adding my logo for my company "WAVEZ" onto the design to make it look more official.

Si Scotts type of art is a more loose typography sense of style making different shapes with the extension of lettering.Whereas Oscar Wilson style is a morte reserved one.They both show a big sense of creativity but I would prefer Oscar Wilsons type of style but worth attributes of SiScotts one e.g bright colouring. With the combination it would produce an overall great design.

No comments:

Post a Comment