Monday 26 November 2012

Photo stencil design review

This my photo-stencil design outcome below.This design was produced by using the Photoshop application, with imported Brighton primary pictures to refer to the surfing theme.In this design I have used one image but have changed the vison of this by using various options In the Photoshop application.I have chosen a slightly dark blue taken from the blue that was already present from the original photo shown below:


I thought that this image would work very well because it shows a clear contract of shadows e.g in the clouds. Also the various of colour from where the sun is shining on the sand in the distance, aswell as the clear view of the brighton pier t refer to the blue color rage in the background.

Here is what I produced using the Photoshop application provided.



I enjoyed making this design because it was very straight forward and I could visualise it on a t-shirt in reality. It can be used for surfing shops in Brighton on the cost where surfers might be at bay.It has hints of blue,shady sandy bits of black,glowing pieces of green. This affect was made by using "Hue/Saturation" which allows different colours to be formed optionally. In the top left  of the design there is a fraction of green outlining how the clouds were giving the image a slight edge to how it could of ended up.From this I had to duplicate this layer onto a t-shirt mock-up template.


This plain white template (t-shirt) was taken from the internet, so this had to be edited to adjust my designs size.From this my design would then be able to be finalised as shown:



 Inspiration: Chris Ede ( Illustrator)


Chris Ede is a illustrator artist who has done many art pieces which include doing some surfing related ones. As shown above, he has inspired my final design with the use of texture and colour variation but something that still reflects surfing.For example: he has used different shades of blue to recreated how the water was when the picture was taken.








No comments:

Post a Comment